Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday Musings.

So its Monday.  Yes, it is Monday again.  I wish it was Friday, but I guess I shouldn't be wishing away 5/7th's of my life.  I'm so excited for Halloween with the kids this weekend.  Hannah and Emma each have the CUTEST costumes.

Emma is a PINK MONSTER:



















and Hannah is ROSALIE from TWILIGHT:

















This year we are going on the annual Halloween Parade through Matt's sisters neighborhood.  It is the best place to go trick or treating.  Middle-class neighborhood with LOTS and LOTS of kids! Our crew is usually quite the group.  This year its our family (Matt and I, Emma the monster and Hannah the vampiress), Matt's mom, brother in law and 4 kids (Grace - Hannah Montana, Quinn - "Dude", Claire and Tessa - Ladybugs), my mom,my aunt and her 2 kids (Nate - still uncertain at this point, and Caleb - "Rock Star").  It should be a good time, and I can't wait for Hannah's 'haul'.  (There's a reason to put the candy on top of the fridge and only allow 2 pieces/day - and the reason is MOM AND DAD's enjoyment of the holiday as well. Matt and I like to pick all of the good stuff out first!)

Speaking of candy.  I seriously need to lay off.  Fat is not hot, and I'm getting there.  My 'fat pants' are even getting too tight.  I don't know if my body is trying to 'store up for winter', or I'm just that big of a pig, but I seriously CAN'T STOP EATING. 

Wait...maybe my pants are shrinking and my scale is a LIAR!!!!!! 

I'm going to blame the media on this one.  Seriously.  Is it really necessary to have 3 Culver's commercials per every episode of  "enter favorite show here".  Shouldn't they know that American's are weak, and advertisements like this are going to make more and more of us end up so fat that we can't even get out of our beds...seriously.  I need to stop, or this could be me.  I need to exercise.  And I need to start eating healthy. ( and I hate exercise, and I hate eating healthy). 

Wow.  Halloween, could not come at a WORSE time this year.  Wonderful. :)

2 comments:

  1. It's not worth "dieting" come October/November/December. Too much good food to pass! And then there's Jan/Feb/Mar when we're all depressed that it's STILL winter so we just continue to eat. And April and May are just rainy and also pretty depressing. It's hard not to eat comfort foods. Then come June/July/August, it's so hot out, you can't pass up the frozen custard! So maybe next September you can start worrying about what you eat. ;-) Then it all starts over again in October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I agree! There is no good time of year to try to lose weight.

    ReplyDelete