Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Look in to their EYES!

Dad - age 1.    
Max - age 1.



My father died very suddenly when I was 15.  It was tragic and unexpected.  The hardest thing for me is that my children will never know him. They will never know someone who influenced me and shaped me and helped me the person and mother I am today.  They will never experience his hands on type of love.  They will never get to walk along the rail road tracks with him in the fall, or fish with him in the summer.  They will never be able to hear his infectious laugh.  One of my biggest fears is that I will forget...I hope that I am able to keep him alive by teaching my children who he was and how he lived his life.  He had a spirit about him, he was happy, he was contagiously silly, he loved with all of his heart and I still miss him every day of my life.

Dad with my sister Anna (age 3) and me (age 7).

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change…
Courage to change the things I can
And Wisdom to know the difference…

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment